Growing Economies: Project Finance Forum
Energy and infrastructure investment options for project developers and investors
This year, the meeting formerly known as the hugely successful Powering Africa: Finance Options will evolve into a high level dialogue focusing on the opportunities to finance energy and infrastructure projects across some of the world’s most exciting emerging markets.
Hosted in Dubai from 23-24 January, 2017, the meeting will bring together heads of utilities and project developers from across Southern and East Africa to present live energy and infrastructure projects seeking partners and investors.
Moving the meeting from Cape Town to Dubai will for the first time bring a truly global delegation of the biggest investors and project partners from the Middle East, Europe, USA and Asia in interactive discussions with project developers on financing structures to move projects forward.
This meeting forms part of EnergyNet’s Growing Economies’ portfolio, which takes a closer look at the rapidly developing opportunities for project developers in new energy markets across the globe.
Some of the topics to be discussed include:
· What are current DFI financing trends indicating?
· How are DFIs working with governments to nurture new projects? Is it working?
· Successful blending of public and private financing
· Should governments and DFIs be developing more guarantee and risk mitigation instruments?
· How can DFIs help developers to design bankable projects
· Are DFIs crowding-in or crowding-out commercial capital?
WHEN: 23-24 January, 2017